This picture was taken at a Bass Pro Shop. It's similar to Cabela's but way better and bigger! We stopped here first- we hadn't even gone to our hotel yet.
Here's Mike and Katrina.

They had a pretty big aquarium equipped with little sharks, manta ray, and other pretty fish.

Oh- and don't forget about the mermaid.

That night we walked the strip a bit. These are the lions at MGM- apparently they sleep 20 hours a day. They sure do have a tough life.


That night, Thursday, we decided to go see Ka, which is a Cirque de Soleil show. It was different, but so good! I've never seen anything like it. We were sitting on the back row, but I think that was the best seat because we were able to see everything.

On Friday night we went to Fremont street. First we ate shrimp cocktails at Golden Gate. Those are about the only shrimp cocktails I've ever really liked (maybe it's because my dad would take us there every time we went to Vegas as kids; of course the place is not kid friendly anymore).
Then we walked down the street and waited for the light show to start.
It was pretty cool. The video went along with a song by Don McLean - American Pie. That song has constantly been in my head ever since- problem is that I only know the chorus.

Saturday we got up early (around 10am or something) and went to see Hoover Dam. I've seen it many times before, but it never ceases to amaze me. The new bridge is still under construction, but it looks amazing! I can't wait to drive across it someday.
Saturday night we went and saw Phantom of the Opera a the Venetian- my first time. I've wanted to see it since I was 1.5 years old, but just hadn't yet. AMAZING! Holy cow! If you haven't seen it you need to. The singing, music, stage/sets was all so good. I loved every minute of it. These pics were taken in the Venetian.


The gardens at the Bellagio




We also saw the Bellagio fountains. It's so crazy how they do that.

The pretend Eiffel Tower- so pretty at night.

Sunday we had to come back home, but it sure was nice to have a little vacation.

No comments:
Post a Comment