Thursday, April 9, 2009

I have Old Lady Syndrome!

I've heard people talk about this many times before, but it has become much more apparent in my life the last couple of weeks. You've seen it before-probably at church. That's where I first noticed it. There were a few old ladies in the ward that would pull into the parking spot, but the front of the car would still be at least 1-2 feet away from the curb. I used to wonder why they parked so far away- now I know. Vertically challenged. It's hard to see the curb when you're really short.

This morning I went to pick up my sister, Betsy, to go shopping. There was a scooter in the driveway. I could have sworn that if I pulled forward one more inch I would hit it. Wrong. When I got out of the car I was still 2 feet away. How does this happen? I'm still young!

Last week I was in the car with my boyfriend, Dusty. We were stopping at a red light. The car in front of us was stopped, but Dusty kept moving forward. I didn't want to be a side-seat driver, but I was sweating bullets cuz I was sure we were going to hit the stopped car. We didn't. I got nervous for no reason. Like I said, I think I have Old Lady Syndrome.

If anybody knows of a medication to treat my disease, please let me know!

3 comments:

katy said...

I think that might actually be blonde moment #2,345,678,345.....there's no cure for that. :)

Thomas said...

LOL! awesome katy...

Burke said...

Booster seat? Bicycle? Chauffeur?