Up until 3 weeks ago I truly wondered why my dad said I was his blond daughter (hello-I'm a brunette). I'm a pretty smart person and usually I think things through. I went through school and got a degree. I'm freaking intelligent, right?
So I wear contacts. I hate it but I have no choice. I started losing my eyesight in Seventh grade- I just thought my teacher had really bad handwriting (maybe that's my real blond moment #1?). I have been wearing contacts for 10 years and have had an eye doctor appointment every year.
A couple of days ago I went to the Sam's Club Optical department for my checkup. She gave me a trial pair of contacts and asked me to put them in my eyes. Before they'll let you leave they want to make sure the lenses fit your eyes okay.
Usually I take out both contacts (left and right) and then put in the two new contacts. So I started by taking out my right contact. It was then that the eye doctor came in and started talking to me. I got distracted. I then opened up my new contact and put it in my right eye; opened up my other new contact and put it in my left eye. Wow- talk about blurry. My first thought, which I voiced- "Wow. This is really blurry. Maybe you gave me the wrong prescription? Maybe I have an air bubble under my contact?" Wrong. I forgot to take the old contact out of my eye before putting in the new contact. The eye doctor had to point this out to me.
I should know how to put in contacts. I've been doing it forever. The one time I decide to forget, the eye doctor is in the room with me. I felt so retarded. Who puts two contacts in the same eye? Blond Moment #1.
Hello world!
1 year ago

4 comments:
Julie that is so funny! i laughed for like ten minutes after reading your story!
Jules...hate to brake it to you but you if you are going to number them, you must be more accurate. I would say you should probably start numbering around #1,357 (and those are only the ones I've witnessed). :)
I forgot to tell you- I have repented of all my previous blonde moments, making this my first.
I'm not sure it works that way....
Post a Comment